Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My Wonderful World is Wonderful for Social Studies

After reading about My Wonderful World website on Free Technology for Teachers, I gave it a try. I'm not a social studies teacher, but it is one of my favorite subjects. The main page has lots of information and interesting facts, as well as ways to navigate to areas for teachers, students, and parents. I tried one of the geography games (didn't do well, but it was a good game) and clicked on some of the links. Eventually, you find yourself on other National Geographic sites as this site is just an offshoot of National Geographic. Having the backing of National Geographic makes this even a better site. I don't think you could ever see everything on this site and it appears to change stories and information often, but I am sure you could find some items useful to students and your class, or at least to you as you teach. Have fun!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, and this site has a Youtube channel. By clicking on this link, their PSA will automatically play. Plus it has other videos to choose from, most of them short.

    http://www.youtube.com/user/MyWonderfulWorld

    ReplyDelete