Monday, July 5, 2010

How Can Google Earth be Useful? Teach Yourself How!

I am not a Google Earth expert, but I have found it amazing that CNN, Fox News, our local news stations, and many other sources now show maps that are from Google Earth. That tells me two things: I need to know how to use Google Earth and so do my students. Apparently this 9-part tutorial made by none other than the Google people themselves, walks you through everything you can do with Google Earth 5.0, does it in a fun and informative way, and quizzes you after each section to show how well you learned. This is now on my summer list of things to do. That list is getting quite long and the summer as you can see from the post date above is getting quite short....

Thanks to Free Technology for Teachers for the link!

No comments:

Post a Comment